Qualifying for the Program 2019
• School age child must be on free or reduced lunch program through their school. Qualifications for the free or reduced lunch program will be validated through his or her school.
• Each child must be a Moraine resident.
• Each child must be between the ages of newborn to 17 at the time of application.
Apply IN PERSON
• Parent or guardian must apply in person at the Municipal Building
• Saturday, October 19 or 26 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. or
• Mondays, October 21 or 28 from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Applications will not be accepted over the phone or in written form.
• You must bring proof of Moraine residency with parent or guardian’s name on the document. Acceptable proof is a water, gas or electric bill in your name with your current address listed on the bill. Your utility bill must be dated within 30 days prior to the application date or it will not be accepted.
Cable bills, insurance statements, tax receipts, etc. will not be accepted as proof of residency.
• You must bring your photo ID. Parent or guardian must have a picture ID – such as a Driver’s License or State Issued ID.
• Parent or guardian must bring an official certified birth certificate or court issued documentation of custody for each child.
• Please have shirt, pants and shoe sizes and a list of items each child would like for Christmas. We cannot guarantee the child will receive items listed.
• Christmas Smiles cannot give out high-end electronic items like iPods, cell phones, or game systems.
• Parent or guardian will be notified by mail if application is accepted.
• If accepted, a postcard will be sent in the mail the last week in November as a reminder to pick up gift boxes.
• Parent Pick-Up day is December 14 at the Gerhardt Civic Center from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
• In order to pick-up your gift box, YOU MUST BRING:
• Picture ID.
• The reminder post card received by the parent or guardian.
• NOTE: All IDs and post cards will be checked. If IDs and post cards are not present at the time of pick-up, the gift box will not be given.
• All gifts that are not picked up on December 14 will be donated to a local charity.
• For more information, phone Tony Wenzler at 937-535-1038.