- Published: 03 December 2014 03 December 2014
The City of Moraine's Economic Development Department welcomes you and hopes that we can assist you with growing your business in Moraine and the Dayton Region.
Our Targeted Industries:
• Renewable energy and Energy efficiency
• Health Services and Technology
• Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
• Logistics and Distribution
• Business and Professional Services
Highlights of the Region Include:
• 6 million+ sq ft of Facilities
• Well educated Region & high-quality workforce
• 15 Local Colleges/Universities within 25 miles
• ACCRA Cost of Living Index (US avg is 100):
• 94.0 (Dayton Region)
• Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
• I-70/75 Crossroads of America
Why Dayton, Ohio Region?
Many variables are considered by businesses that are expanding their operations, or businesses that are looking for a new headquarters. One of these variables is the ease of product distribution. The Dayton Region, where two major north-south and east-west interstate highways (I-75 and I-70) intersect, is favorably positioned as a distribution center from every direction. The Dayton has 1.5 million people of the United State’s population in the 8-County Region. On average, a truck or car can drive about 50 miles in an hour. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Toledo and Louisville are only a few of the major metropolitan areas within a few hours drive from the Dayotn Region. Even more impressive is the fact that half of the US population lives within a few hours’ flight to the Region. Of the Region’s population 83.1% urban and 16.9% rural.
• 50 miles: 2.2% (6,106,301 people)
• 300 miles: 21.4% (60,278,615 people)
• 600 miles: 55.9% (157,389,860 people)
The Miami Valley Region is well equipped and well placed for global competition. With a major airport, major highways, as well as a population mass within close proximity, the Miami Valley has all of the essential attributes to provide a very competitive market for business development.
Major job sectors (top 3 account for half of jobs in Region)
• Manufacturing (20.8%)
• Education, Health & Social Services (19.6%)
• Retail Sales (11.9%)
Data from 2009 Metropolitan Statistical Area (Dayton, Ohio USA)
Some documents below are in Adobe Portable Document Format. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read and print PDF files. The Acrobat Reader may be downloaded from Adobe at no cost by clicking here.