A recent financial audit of Moraine by the Auditor of State’s office has returned a clean audit report. Moraine’s excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of State Award.
“We are very proud of our Finance Director Don Buczek and our Finance Department for receiving this award,” commented Mayor Elaine Allison.
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file a timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit finding or questioned costs;
- The entity’s
management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questions costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records