Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at (937) 535-1000.
Ways to apply for Employment:
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Part-Time Finance Clerk – open until position filled
Please attach Resume to be considered
The City of Moraine is currently accepting applications Part-Time Finance Clerk. This position performs various duties related to City finances including accounts payable, daily deposits and receipts, and miscellaneous administrative, financial, and clerical functions
Requirements include: high school diploma or equivalent, minimum of two years’ office experience, ability to work in a confidential environment, ability to work closely with others in a team environment, and interact well with the public. Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as the ability to learn finance software.
Pay range: $14.69-$17.87 per hour depending on qualifications. Hours range: 20-25 per week.
Full-Time Operations Manager – open until July 26
Salary range begins at $21.26/hour, depending on experience and education.
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking a full time Operations Manager. This position assists in planning, organizing, coordinating and marketing year round recreation operations at the Payne Recreation Center and the Gerhardt Civic Center. Assists with cash handling, safety, finance/membership software, employee training, membership relations/retention, special events, marketing of both facilities and coordination with maintenance. Supervises and schedules a staff of approximately 20 part-time employees including part-time Supervisors and part-time Front Desk, Nursery and Game Room staff.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, parks and recreation, recreation administration, facilities management, sports management, or related field is preferred with equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must comply with all City rules and regulations (PPM). All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- Experience with a computer registration system, such as Tyler Parks and Recreation or similar, is required.
- First Aid and CPR certifications required or must be obtained immediately after hired.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software word processing; preparing correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets; computer filing; e-mail; and Internet research.
- This position is required to work varying shifts that include evenings, weekends, special events, and holidays.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and public.
- Maintain good physical condition in order to work outdoors under various weather conditions, as well as indoors. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit. To use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and operate equipment or controls. They may also have to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift medium weight items, 50 pounds or less, such as equipment or other material.
- Possess current Ohio state driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate facility operations with employees, suppliers, contractors, and maintenance crews, to manage front desks, rental spaces, and the public areas at both facilities.
- Responsible for membership services, facility rentals, set up coordination, and day to day operations of both facilities.
- Identify and establish all cash control functions, policies and procedures; to include inventory selection and control, and management of the recreation registration system.
- Develop and maintain accurate facility budget, inventory, and personnel records.
- Assist with recruiting, mentoring, coordinating, and training operations staff for both facilities.
- Assist with the management of Parks and Recreation facilities when needed, to include weekday and weekend supervision of staff.
- Assist with developing and implementing Parks and Recreation Division policies and procedures.
- Coordination of the Payne Recreation Center (PRC) membership program and the PRC Membership Retention Program.
- Ensure, through recurring training, that all employees are familiar with safety guidelines for each of their positions. Conduct safety audits and equipment inspections.
- Assist with developing and maintaining fire, first aid, and security programs/training with local public safety organizations.
- Act as liaison with state and county licensing and inspection departments.
- Respond to public inquires about recreation programs and policies made by telephone, correspondence or during public meetings.
- Assist in coordinating, scheduling and supervising various special events.
- Assist in the marketing and advertising of Parks and Recreation programs.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
Part-Time Recreation Monitors – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking staff members for its ongoing year around programs. Qualified candidates must have experience in youth, senior, sports, nutritional, and/or fitness programming and operations. Successful candidates must have exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work nights, evenings, weekends/holidays and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Recreation Monitors work under the general supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Recreation Coordinator, Operations Manager and/or Recreation Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire.
- Starting pay is $9.04/hour.
Part-Time Laborer – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the Part-Time Laborer is $8.87 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel at 535-1140 for questions.