Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at (937) 535-1000.
Ways to apply for Employment:
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Full-Time Police Officer – August 25 – September 17, 2019 only
At the time of appointment, applicants must be 21 years of age or older, high school graduates (or GED), demonstrate good character and health and be physically capable of performing all the essential functions of the position.
Full Benefits package includes paid insurance for medical, prescription, dental, vision and life; paid vacations, holidays and sick leave; paid college tuition and uniforms. Entry-level pay is $27.08/hour and work a 40-hour workweek. There will be a twelve-month probationary period.
Applications must be filled out online and include copies of: diploma or GED; driver’s license; the names, addresses and phone numbers of 3 personal references and any appropriate certifications including OPOTA Peace Officer. Applications accepted August 25 – September 17, 2019 only.
Once you have completed the online City application, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select “Find Jobs” tab, then “Law Enforcement Jobs”, then select the City of Moraine’s posting. There is a fee for the exam payable on the National Testing Network, Inc. website. A candidate must completely fill out the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) on the NTN website in order to be considered for this position.
The National Testing Network will conduct the competitive, written examination on behalf of the Merit System Commission on September 11, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. and September 17, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at Sinclair Community College Police Academy, Building 19 at 214. South Wilkinson Street, near the corner of Fifth and Wilkinson Streets, Dayton, OH 45402. Valid driver’s license will be required to enter the exam. Special accommodations must be requested at the time of application.
If an applicant has taken the exam within the past six (6) months, you may transfer your scores. However, if an applicant wishes to transfer a previous test score and meets all requirements, they must complete a City application and the NTN PHQ in order to be considered for this position.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all scores will be forwarded to the Moraine Merit System Commission who will certify the testing process. Candidates who attain a passing score of 70 percent (Note: The combined score as listed on the NTN results) on the exam will be placed on the Commission’s eligibility list. The City of Moraine will contact each candidate following the exam with their overall score and ranking. National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the City of Moraine and the Merit System Commission responsibility and decision making in the testing process.
Applicants considered for further processing will undergo interviews, criminal background and reference checks, medical exam, drug screen, psychological test, and polygraph exam.
- Fill out a City application online
- Attach supporting documents – resume, DD-214, diplomas, certificates, etc.
- Sign up at http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
- Complete the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) on NTN website
- Take exam
****Additional points will be awarded to applicants who attain a passing examination score and have a college degree in Law Enforcement or similar degree from an accredited college or university, current OPOTA certification or have been honorably discharged from the military. Documents must be attached to the application in order to receive additional points.
Failure to complete all of the steps listed above will result in a disqualification from the hiring process.
- You must bring a picture ID
- Free parking will be available at the exam location
- Please leave all cell phones in your vehicle…no cell phones will be allowed inside the testing center
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the testing center
Part-Time Recreation Monitor (Supervisor) – until September 20, 2019
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking a part time Recreation Monitor Supervisor. This position is responsible for assisting with special events, Youth, Teen, and Nutrition Programs along with the Summer Lunch Program including the tracking of inventory, assist with the scheduling of facilities and recruit, train and supervise part time and seasonal staff to ensure a safe and effective community recreation environment.
Salary range begins at $10.77/hour, depending on experience and education.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years experience with youth out of school time recreation programs. Must comply with all City rules and regulations (PPM). All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings. First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire. Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Possess current Ohio state driver’s license. Maintain good physical condition in order to work outdoors under various weather conditions, as well as indoors.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit. To use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and operate equipment or controls. They may also have to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift medium weight items, 50 pounds or less, such as equipment or other material.
Part-Time Recreation Monitors – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking staff members for its ongoing year round programs. Qualified candidates must have experience in youth, senior, sports, nutritional, and/or fitness programming and operations. Successful candidates must have exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work nights, evenings, weekends/holidays and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Recreation Monitors work under the general supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Recreation Coordinator, Operations Manager and/or Recreation Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire.
- Starting pay is $9.23/hour.
Part-Time Laborer – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the Part-Time Laborer is $8.87 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel at 535-1140 for questions.