Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at 937-535-1000.
Ways to apply for Employment:
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Full-Time Police Officer – Nov 30 – Dec 14 only
At the time of appointment, applicants must be 21 years of age or older, high school graduates (or GED), be Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) certified or have proof of recent academy completion, demonstrate good character and health, and be physically capable of performing all the essential functions of the position.
Full Benefits package includes paid insurance for medical, prescription, dental, vision and life; paid vacations, holidays and sick leave; paid college tuition and uniforms. Entry-level pay is $28.17/hour and work a 40-hour workweek. There will be a twelve-month probationary period.
Applications must be filled out online and include copies of: diploma or GED; driver’s license; the names, addresses and phone numbers of 3 personal references and any appropriate certifications including OPOTA Peace Officer or proof of recent academy completion. Applications accepted Nov 30 – Dec 14, 2020 only.
Once you have completed the online City application, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select “Find Jobs” tab, then “Law Enforcement Jobs”, then select the City of Moraine’s posting. There is a fee for the exam payable on the National Testing Network, Inc. website. A candidate must completely fill out the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) on the NTN website in order to be considered for this position.
There are two ways you can take our Police Officer exam.
- NTN offers a virtual exam, which you will have to sign up for on their website. Candidates must have a Windows computer with a webcam, microphone and speakers/headphones to be eligible to take the exam in this manner.
- A examination, which could contain audio, video, written questions or a combination thereof will be conducted December 17, 2020 or January 12, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. or 6:00p.m. Sinclair Community College Police Academy, Building 19 at 214. South Wilkinson Street, near the corner of Fifth and Wilkinson Streets, Dayton, OH 45402. Valid driver’s license will be required to enter the exam.
If an applicant has taken the exam with NTN and wishes to transfer their scores, ensure that you selected Moraine (this is done through the NTN website). Additionally, if an applicant wishes to transfer a previous test score and meets all requirements, they must complete a City application and the NTN PHQ in order to be considered for this position.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all scores will be forwarded to the Moraine Merit System Commission who will certify the testing process. Candidates who attain a passing score of 70 percent (Note: The combined score as listed on the NTN results) on the exam will be placed on the Commission’s eligibility list. The City of Moraine will contact each candidate following the exam with their overall score and ranking. National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the City of Moraine and the Merit System Commission responsibility and decision making in the testing process.
Applicants considered for further processing will undergo interviews, criminal background and reference checks, medical exam, drug screen, psychological test, and polygraph exam.
- Fill out a City application online
- Attach supporting documents – resume, OPOTA Certificate or proof of academy completion, DD-214, diplomas, additional certificates, etc.
- Sign up at http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
- Complete the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) on NTN website
- Take exam
***Additional points will be awarded to applicants who attain a passing examination score and have a college degree in Law Enforcement or similar degree from an accredited college or university or have been honorably discharged from the military. Documents must be attached to the application in order to receive additional points.
Failure to complete all of the steps listed above will result in a disqualification from the hiring process.
- You must bring a picture ID
- Free parking will be available at the exam location
- Please leave all cell phones in your vehicle…no cell phones will be allowed inside the testing center
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the testing center
Part-Time Recreation Front Desk Services – until position filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation Division is seeking applicants to fill multiple openings for the part-time Recreation Front Desk Services position. Successful candidates must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle stressful situations. Anyone interested in this position is encouraged to complete the City’s online employment application.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be continuously available to respond to public inquiries about recreation programs, recreation memberships, and rentals. Conduct orientation tours of recreation facilities as needed
- Perform a variety of duties such as collect fees, issue receipts, balance cash receipts, deposit money, open and close multiple facilities, and secure the cashiering areas
- Employees in this position also meet people as they enter the recreation facilities, answer phone calls, refer calls to appropriate Division personnel, promote interest, and provide program information and establish positive rapport with the public
- Perform administrative functions using a computer, calculator, and other office equipment. This includes accurately utilizing our online recreation software daily to perform job functions
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule of up to 29 hours a week including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
- Salary range for this position begins at $10.03/hour, depending on experience and education
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation, customer service, or cash handling experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and public
- Maintain good physical condition in order to work outdoors under various weather conditions, as well as indoors. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit. To use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and operate equipment or controls. He or she may also have to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift medium weight items, 50 pounds or less, such as equipment or other material
- Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
Part-Time Recreation Monitors – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking staff members for its ongoing year round programs and special events. Successful candidates must have exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work days, evenings, weekends/holidays and the ability to handle stressful situations. Interested applicants are encouraged to complete the City’s online employment application.
Qualified candidates must have experience in youth, senior, sports, nutritional, and/or fitness programming and operations. Starting pay is $9.41/hour. Openings include staff to monitor the following areas:
- Senior Nutrition: Serve lunch and run activities at GCC, Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Weight Room: Monitor weight room at PRC, Days/Evenings/Weekends
- Operations: Monitor building and rentals at PRC & GCC, Days/Evenings/Weekends
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire.
Part-Time Laborer – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the Part-Time Laborer is $8.87 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel at 937-535-1140 for questions.