Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at 937-535-1000.
Ways to apply for Employment:
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Part-Time Recreation Monitors – until position filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation Division is seeking staff members for our programs and special events. Successful candidates must have interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work days/evenings/weekends, and the ability to handle stressful situations. Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the City’s online employment application.
Starting pay is $9.41/hour. As a Recreation Monitor, you may work in the following areas:
- Senior and Youth Programs: Help assist with programs, events, and activities.
- Childcare: Supervise children while their parents are using the facility.
- Weight Room: Monitor and clean fitness and weight rooms.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma, GED, or currently enrolled in High School. Minors will be required to apply for a work permit as part of the employment process.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
Part-Time Recreation Front Desk Services – until position filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation Division is seeking applicants to fill multiple openings for the part-time Recreation Front Desk Services position. Successful candidates must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle stressful situations. Anyone interested in this position is encouraged to complete the City’s online employment application.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be continuously available to respond to public inquiries about recreation programs, recreation memberships, and rentals. Conduct orientation tours of recreation facilities as needed
- Perform a variety of duties such as collect fees, issue receipts, balance cash receipts, deposit money, open and close multiple facilities, and secure the cashiering areas
- Employees in this position also meet people as they enter the recreation facilities, answer phone calls, refer calls to appropriate Division personnel, promote interest, and provide program information and establish positive rapport with the public
- Perform administrative functions using a computer, calculator, and other office equipment. This includes accurately utilizing our online recreation software daily to perform job functions
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule of up to 29 hours a week including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
- Salary range for this position begins at $10.03/hour, depending on experience and education
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation, customer service, or cash handling experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and public
- Maintain good physical condition in order to work outdoors under various weather conditions, as well as indoors. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit. To use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and operate equipment or controls. He or she may also have to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift medium weight items, 50 pounds or less, such as equipment or other material
- Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
Part-Time Laborer – until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the Part-Time Laborer is $8.87 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel at 937-535-1140 for questions.