The City of Moraine’s Economic Development Department welcomes you and hopes that we can assist you with growing your business in Moraine and the Dayton Region.
Our Targeted Industries:
• Renewable energy and Energy efficiency
• Health Services and Technology
• Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
• Logistics and Distribution
• Business and Professional Services
Highlights of the Region Include:
• 6 million+ sq ft of Facilities
• Well educated Region & high-quality workforce
• 15 Local Colleges/Universities within 25 miles
• ACCRA Cost of Living Index (US avg is 100):
• 94.0 (Dayton Region)
• Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
• I-70/75 Crossroads of America
Why Dayton, Ohio Region?
Many variables are considered by businesses that are expanding their operations, or businesses that are looking for a new headquarters. One of these variables is the ease of product distribution. The Dayton Region, where two major north-south and east-west interstate highways (I-75 and I-70) intersect, is favorably positioned as a distribution center from every direction. The Dayton has 1.5 million people of the United State’s population in the 8-County Region. On average, a truck or car can drive about 50 miles in an hour. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Toledo and Louisville are only a few of the major metropolitan areas within a few hours drive from the Dayton Region. Even more impressive is the fact that half of the US population lives within a few hours flight to the Region. Of the Region’s population 83.1% urban and 16.9% rural.
• 50 miles: 2.2% (6,106,301 people)
• 300 miles: 21.4% (60,278,615 people)
• 600 miles: 55.9% (157,389,860 people)
The Miami Valley Region is well equipped and well placed for global competition. With a major airport, major highways, as well as a population mass within close proximity, the Miami Valley has all of the essential attributes to provide a very competitive market for business development.
Major job sectors (top 3 account for half of jobs in Region)
• Manufacturing (20.8%)
• Education, Health & Social Services (19.6%)
• Retail Sales (11.9%)
Data from 2009 Metropolitan Statistical Area (Dayton, Ohio USA)
For a more expanded look at our economic development division, click this link to goto discovertheleap.com. Questions, comments, and inquiries may be directed to Michael W. Davis, Economic Development Director – 937-535-1034.